Are you preparing to attack spring cleaning? Spring cleaning is typically a lengthy process and involves deep cleaning just about everything in your home. To help guide you, here is a spring cleaning checklist to get you started.
- Areas in Every Room – There are certain items that you’ll want to clean in every room. These items include baseboards, walls, curtains, blinds, light fixtures, vents, and windows (inside & out). These items may seem small and simple but make a big difference overall.
- Living Room – The living room needs a little extra love considering it’s one of the main focal points in your home. In the living room you should vacuum upholstery and carpets, wash throw pillow shams and blankets, polish furniture, and dust mirrors, picture frames, and other decor.
- Kitchen – The kitchen is another main focal point of the home, and often requires more attention to get a good deep clean. In your kitchen consider cleaning out your pantry, deep clean your oven and microwave, clean the fridge inside and out, move the fridge and mop behind it, and wash the outside of your kitchen cabinets.
- Bedrooms – In addition to cleaning the “areas in every room”, wash all bedding and throw pillow shams, purge unused items, and consider flipping your mattress.
- Bathrooms – Bathrooms tend to take a little bit longer depending on how well they’re maintained. In the bathroom you should wash bath mats, dust and clean decor, clean and disinfect the shower/tub and sink, and wash or replace shower liners.
We hope this checklist will assist you in your spring cleaning. If you find yourself not having the time or energy to tackle spring cleaning, we would be happy to assist you. If you have any questions regarding spring cleaning, and the services we provide, please contact us at April’s Cleaning Services today!